Saturday, June 30, 2012

DISH 6: THAI (Pad Thai)

What can I say about Pad Thai? Well,  I was first introduced to it at The Makansutra  (now MAKAN-MAKAN) located inside the Manila Ocean Park, then at Som's & Sen Lek Thai Noodle House. I think  It is the most flavorful stir- fried Asian noodles I've ever tasted so far.

It's a  put-it-all-together ingredient dish. The crunchiness of  fresh cabbage,bean sprouts and  crushed peanuts, the sweetness of brown sugar, sourness of lime & tamarind paste, and the pungent taste of thai chili paste.  It also has bitterness of crunchy garlic, and  has eggs,  tofu, and shrimps for added meat/protein. It's a complete meal, along with the carbo-rich Thai noodles.

Pad Thai
It is one of my food choices during weekdays of white meat & vegan diet, and another comfort food during rainy season, and boring or stressful  hungry days. Fortunately,  If I'm not in the mood of making one, Sen Lek is  just a walking distance away from home, making me love the idea that I can get it nearby.

Anyways, three dishes to go and I'm all done with this challenge. I'm just happy and proud of myself  for being able to do the things I love to do nowadays, and as early as now  I'm into planning new ideas after this, and I'm so excited, I  just can't wait. :)

For my next dish, I will make something Japanese..... 'til next blog!






No comments:

Post a Comment