Saturday, June 30, 2012

DISH 5: SPANISH (Gambas al Ajillo)


Gambas al Ajillo
Finally, a time to update my blog. I had been busy for 2 weeks now, doing errands and adjusting to my new work but nevertheless,  I'm 100%  still focus on finishing my challenge. 

For my fifth dish, I made one of Spain's favorite Tapas, the Gambas al Ajillo, or the simple Garlic Shrimps. Tapas, are variety of appetizers that you can nibble on any part of the day, however tapas can also be prepared on large quantities and can become a dish during dinners, or celebrations.  

This was a very easy dish that can be done for 5 minutes or less, I chose this because of the availability of fresh shrimps in the market and the limited time I have because I woke up late that time.

This was not really my  planned dish, that's why I'm planning to make a part 2  or another dish from Spain after the whole challenge.  I wanted to do a  much more complicated dish which is the Paella, I find this dish really interesting and detailed and  I was lucky enough to have tasted two different versions ( Seafood Paella & Paella Negra) at two different birthday parties  for two consecutive weeks. It was like telling me to give it a try one of these days. 

So, this is it my Gambas al Ajillo, made of lots of Garlic, Olive oil, Butter (must-have), Spanish Paprika, Salt & Pepper, and you can add dried Thyme & Rosemary. It can be served with a toasted crusty bread, or rice. 

Next Dish: THAILAND:  Pad Thai

No comments:

Post a Comment