Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DISH 7: JAPANESE (Sushi)

Last Sunday, my  mother and I  went out  to the nearest Japanese grocery store  to find the right tools and ingredients to make a home made sushi.


It's been a  longtime since we made sushi, and as always it was so fun. It was my mom who introduced me to Japanese foods when I was a little kid, and since then I had constant cravings  for Sashimi, Sushi, and my favorite of all Katsudon & Tempura. 





Nowadays, Japanese food is everywhere, I tried eating in Fast food, Hole in the Wall restaurants,  All you can eat buffet, and even the ridiculously expensive ones, and most of them is with mom.


And because this is one of our favorite foods to eat, I grew up learning to make some of them, well almost. :) Anyway, so for this recipe, we used Kani, and Tamago.  We also made sure we have the right class of Japanese Rice, which is quite expensive, but overall both mom and I agreed we achieved the right taste and presentation for this sushi. 



No comments:

Post a Comment