Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DISH 3: ITALIAN (Italian Herbed Tomato Farfalle)

I'm now on my 3rd dish and at the same time we celebrated my brother's birthday last weekend, and there's nothing more appropriate but to cook him his favorite dish of all time, Spaghetti.

But prior to that, I just like to share that I started a new family tradition that I will in all my might must do in every birthday morning for love ones, and that is, Happy Birthday Pancakes! A little segue about this one, I found this idea on the internet, pile of pancakes with colorful touch. Ever since I was a kid I always  love pancakes they are one of the many childhood recipes I like doing every day and  there was a time that "The Pancake House" is my favorite place, like I will have dinner and pancakes for dessert. When other kids love hotdogs all the time, me it's always Pancakes.  Then through the years I make  lots of batches as  breakfast treat for my family, and it's always a charm, sweet gesture for them. Anyways, now it will be a birthday tradition and here are my brother's hotcakes.
I added colors to make it look fun! :)
So going back since the weekend plan is to make my only "baby" brother smile and  to spoil him a little I decided to make his dream come true, but instead of spaghetti I used the Farfalle pasta in the pantry and made him a simple Tomato- Based Italian Pasta.

Italian-Herbed Tomato Farfalle
I did not overdo this pasta dish, because I agreed with the Italian chef on TV's opinion, that Italian food should be kept simple, to allow it's ingredients to have its own character. Mangiamo!

Ingredients:

250 grams Bacon
1  Small can of Champignons
5 Fresh Tomatoes
Fresh garlic & Onions (Saute)
2 Tbsp Dried Italian Seasoning
1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
Fresh Basil
1 Big Can Tomato Sauce (Stewed)
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & freshly ground pepper

Next Dish: Greek!

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I think the pasta dish looks easy enough to do and it looks yummy :) I am curious though about the pancakes? Is there any special way you did it or is it just the store bought pancake mix? I love pancakes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u. It was a last minute decision to prepare pancakes so I just bought pancake mix, & added some food coloring to make look nice. :)

    ReplyDelete