Thursday, May 31, 2012

DISH 2: CHINESE (Lemon Chicken)

My Chinese Style Lemon Chicken
Last Sunday daddy celebrated his 63rd birthday, and of course I want to prepare something really nice and CHINESE because it has always been his favorite food, so I decided to make two dish Ma Po Tofu & Lemon Chicken. Lemon has been my fruit of interest for several weeks now, and I learned that consuming lemons has healthy benefits on the body too. It is best on diets, maintaining healthy hair, & has multiple advantages on the skin. So reading about this sour , yellow fruit become an activity for me, and I make sure I always have one in the refrigerator, furthermore last Sunday I use some to make one of my favorite Chinese Dish. It's actually very easy to do, but lemons are too flavorful and citrus- sy aromatic, and without balancing the taste an attempt to do the dish can lead to a disastrous Lemon Air- freshener like dish. Getting the perfect breading and syrup glaze needs careful attention and practice. This dish had good memories too, it reminded me of my college buddy, Rachelle munching Chinese take-outs over Grey's Anatomy marathon at their house & my work buddy, Honey with whom I share great passion of eating Lemon chix after working hours,& during rest days. And even when they're living far away from me now, every time they go home & we go CHINESE, Lemon chicken will always be a part of our sumptuous feast. Anyway, I'm just not happy with my photo, because I took this using my phone because my camera was not properly charged that time, yet despite of that mommy said I was able to get the recipe right, and that's very important..well for me. :) Next Dish: Brother's Birthday! ITALIAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment